Delightful Chive Biscuits - Gluten Free
A Little Background:
I call these little gems delightful, because they are so light, delicious and wonderfully gluten free. With an ever so delicate taste of fresh chive, they add just a taste of buttery goodness to your otherwise wonderful meal. These little biscuits can be made up in a double batch and frozen in little packages to be taken out at any time. I use a flower shaped cookie cutter to make them a uniform shape with a bit of sophistication for elegant dinner parties. It really doesn't take any more time to make them special. I have been making this recipe for several years. Unfortunately I do not remember exactly where or when I found it, so I can't give or take credit for it, but I do hope you enjoy these biscuits as much as I do. We love them so much, I usually double the recipe and freeze some so they are always on hand.
Time: 13-15 mins
What you will Need:
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (rounded)
- 1/2 tsp. white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cold butter (from grass fed cows)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (if avoiding dairy) or use regular whole organic milk
- 1/4 tsp. Bragg's apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dried chives
How to Make it:
- Stir all ingredients together with wooden spoon - the dough will be sticky
- Roll out onto a wooden board or clean counter dusted with your rice or tapioca flour using rolling pin
- Use any shape cookie cutter to cut into biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a foil lined cookie sheet
- Bake in a 400F degree oven for 13-15 minutes on the middle rack
- Begin checking at 12 minutes - you want them only lightly brown, not dark or hard. They should be flaky and cooked, but not hard. They will cool fast once removed from the cookie sheet
- If you want them warm for your meal, cover with foil or glass plate.
Let me know if you enjoy this recipe. Be fearless & have fun! - Anita